Friday, August 25, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine



I just saw the movie 'Little Miss Sunshine' and I have to say it is the best movie I've seen so far this year. It does such a great job of blending humour, drama, reality, and absurdity.
I would even go as far as to say that 'Sunshine' is this year's 'Sideways' which I am also a huge fan of (both movies seem to have cornered the market on deriving humour from desperate characters who are lovable, despite their multitude of character flaws).
As I can't stand it when people give away parts of a movie in a review, that is all I will say about the actual movie (I loathe having a movie spoiled, so much so that I actually avoid reading any reviews before I see a movie).

Additional fun facts: The independent low-budget film was done by husband-and-wife directing team Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris. It first appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, and after meeting with rave reviews, it was acquired by the studio Fox Searchlight (the distributor for 'Sideways' and 'Garden State') for a record $10.5 million.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home