Thursday, September 07, 2006

The land of the free

So the last week has been a crazy one filled with bachelor party frolicking in another city, and then back to school shenanigans. As such my poor little blog was feeling left out, so I'm here for a quick update.
......................................

Getting something for free is always a bonus. Getting two things for free is a really good day. And getting three things without paying for them means that people are starting to realize my God-like status, and as such are giving their offerings to me.
First, after getting off the plane in Kelowna and retrieving my luggage I head to the airport parking lot with the person who was picking me up. The driver hands the parking stub to the airport parking attendant as we are leaving, and I reach for my wallet to grab some money to pay the fare. Amazingly, the parking attendant says "Oh, you haven't been here that long, don't worry about it". I was quite astonished as it is usual practice to rape the wallets of patrons parking at airport parking lots. freebie #1!
So then an hour later I am in the grocery store picking up a few groceries for dinner that night. I've got less than the required amount to go through the express lane, so I proceed to that line up. The lady ringing my items through at the register comes upon a package of vegetables that appear to have no price on them. She looks over the bag and can't see any tag or bar code, so she gives me a quick wink, and says "I guess they are free today" and throws them in the bag. freebie #2!
Then later that evening I head to the gym for a workout. The usual drop-in fee is $10. I take out my interac card and go to hand it to the lady at the front desk. Even though they have an interac machine there, she waves her hand at my card and says "you know what? Don't worry about it today". freebie #3!
Afterwards, I was fully planning on heading to an exotic car dealership and test driving a brand new Ferrari, to see how far my luck would extend, but I just didn't get around to it. The next morning my spell was broken, and I was back to the status of the regular peons out there: paying for things. How unfair!

.............................................


I will post a few (PG) pictures shortly from the crazy bachelor party weekend in Kelowna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home